Why you should invest in having good software, not let legacy software rot

Why you should invest in having good software, not let legacy software rot

6/3

Try upgrading to first class during online checking at least 3 times to first class, get lots of errors - see 2 pending $50 on my credit card now (6/4) but so far luckily only one email receipt for $50, I hope the other clears out and does not post.

Finally get email and print boarding pass, only get first leg of flight not second (first class). Both in printed and in email PDF.

6/4

Check in at airport to get second boarding pass and check bag.

Told I do NOT have first class, and ask them to check repeatedly. They apparently check and then I have to pay for bag and remove 5 lbs (55 lb bag but allowed 70 if first but since “not first” have only 50)

"First and Business Class, AAdvantage®Executive Platinum and oneworld® Emerald members can check baggage up to 70 lbs / 32 kgs at no extra cost." https://www.aa.com/.../travel.../baggage/checked-baggage.jsp

They print tags, I HAVE first class on boarding pass

They forget priority sticker on luggage, have to add after

I ask for baggage refund and decide to just not fight about putting the stuff they made me remove back in at this point as I want to get past TSA

They apparently “can not refund me” at the counter and I have to call customer service

I call customer service, 18 minute wait time

Customer service calls me back

Indicates there is nothing they can do, yet, as the system takes ~24 hours to have all the data they need. They believe the desk (counter) employee should have been able to refund/undo the charges.

Worse yet, I have home brewed tea beer in there. I had to remove padding. I am on my way to world tea expo. If they break I will cry. I planned for that extra padding.

Now annoyed, out $75 as best I can tell and no one can help me.

6/6
Thank goodness the beer is OK!
One 50 First class upgrade charge posted
One 25 Baggage fee (which should have been free with first class) posted
One 50 First Class upgrade charge pending
Went online to prefunds.aa.com to request refund-will involve amex if needed

Forget me using AA to fly to australia in feb, i’ll pay more and use someone else.

6/7
No movement on the refund, doesn't even seem to be being reviewed
trying to do an Amex dispute and apparently you can't dispute baggage fees *sigh* WTF 

6/8
No movement on the AA refund
No movement from Amex on the refund
so disappointed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subscriptions