Racksburg Hackathon 0

We restarted the hackathon numbering since we are in a new office.

The theme was donuts.

It started June 27 with a BBQ at 4:30pm (with The Devotea USA rosemary gunpowder tea meat rub).

Each person got a list of ways to earn tokens (participate in an open source project, work on multiple hackaton projects, play rockband, etc).

despite photographs to the contrary there was more than just gaming going on (as proven by the demos).

I was sad that everyone was working at their desks, everyone used to get together in the RRR and be social. I hacked in the RRR with Satish and people came down to eat and play (we had the TV and hence the wii) but that was it.

There were over 300 donuts. I ate many.

Midnight standup showed some people had peeled off for sleep, but there was a pretty good showing. everyone was chirping around and needed no help
I only got half way in my project before i dropped out and dealt with real life.

Saturday 3pm demos were great!
  • My boss did a feature we have always de-prioritized, a click to copy button for CDN URLs! <3 He also did something with docker virtualization.
  • My boss' boss made a git hub project to make using curl with rackspace API easier, I am going to try and install monday, so excited! https://github.com/kwminnick/raxcurl
  • People from my project group made a video game using a 2D gaming engine (i forget which) and modeled after super mario brothers
  • People from an email team did a graphite (?) project where they took a new feed and sent it to the graphing software to get better visualization around a variety of metrics on production (?) servers.
  • People from the email group makes a notes project, the frontend was done but the backend was blocked by a CORS issue. no permanence on those notes for now.
  • Another team used the unity engine to make a game.
  • David did some angular work? and worked on roomie a home automation tool with unit tests.
  • Brad did something with some software that was particular about listing out all your JS files and made it easier to pipe i information which would get ordered correctly and then made the other software easier to use?
I probably missed some or described some badly, my work makes me feel very dumb. Sorry anyone i didn't remember!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subscriptions