Home Chef - Arrival

Blue Apron versus Home Chef

I have been a user of Blue Apron since 2013
I am happy with it. It has improved over the years as well.

But I am never one to leave well enough alone.

Today I got my first Home Chef delivery.

Here is my initial thoughts. More to follow after cooking the meal.

Website:

Blue Apron is easier to navigate

Delivery Schedule:

Both allow you slight flexibility in delivery day of week

Food Choices:

11 choices at Home Chef, 6 at Blue Apron

Blue Apron appears to have more vegetarian choices,
Home Chef allows you to filter the options presented (vegetarian, low-carb, gluten-free) which seems best for people with specific diets,

Home Chef also offers smoothies and fruit baskets as two add ons.
Blue Apron offers a monthly wine pairing add on.

Home Chef allows you to get 2+ meals per week., chosen each week.
Blue Apron only allows a fixed 3 meals for 2 people each or 2/4 meals for 4 people each per week.

I do prefer the food selections on Blue Apron when reviewing this month however. Note I am an adventurous eater.

Delivery:

Blue Apron box is prettier.

Home Chef recipe cards are more information dense, geared to beginners, and hole punched with a 3-ring binder!

I like the way the entire meal, just not knick-nacks is grouped in the Home Chef box.

To be updated but at this time I actually wish the Home Chef software was running Blue Apron.

I usually don't do the boxes often, so I will likely cancel home chef after this week purely based on the menu choices (there is a lot of choices, and filters but I prefer the end dishes prepared by Blue Apron). I much prefer the website, recipe card and packaging of Home Chef however.

Home Chef images: https://goo.gl/photos/vrBrpMc1XRQNQtLp8

Blue Apron images: https://goo.gl/photos/NevE4UZxb6nVXTQB7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subscriptions